- Iranian Supreme Leader Vows to Avenge Assassination ‘by Israel’
by JEMMA CARR FOR MAILONLINE, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/
* Mohsen Fakhrizadeh-Mahabadi’s widow said his death would spark a thousand others to take up his work
* The nuclear scientist was killed an in ambush involving an explosion then machine gun fire near Tehran
* Sent tensions in the regions soaring as Iran accused Israel of trying to provoke war by assassinating him
* Adviser to supreme leader Ali Khamenei echoed claim that Israel was behind the attack and issued warning
* Said Iran will ‘descend like lightning on the killers of this oppressed martyr’ and they will ‘regret their actions’
- Israel Has 80-90 Nukes, SIPRI Report Says, as Tel Aviv Continues to Accuse Iran of Nuclear Obsession
Israel, which routinely accuses Iran of trying to obtain nuclear weapons and pledges to use force to stop Tehran, maintains its own undeclared nuclear arsenal estimated at 80 to 90, according to the latest report by SIPRI.
There are nine nations in the world that currently have nuclear weapons, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) says in its newly released yearbook on the state of armaments and international security. The world nuclear stockpile went from 14,465 at the beginning of last year to about 13,865 this year, the report estimates, as the US and Russia were delivering on their promises under the New START Treaty signed in 2010.
Israel, which maintains a policy of neither confirming nor denying the possession of nuclear weapons, has between 80 and 90 warheads in its stockpile, the same as the year before, the institute said.
It comes as tensions between Iran on one side, and the US and regional ally Israel on the other, continue to mount. Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s unsinkable prime minister, has for years waged a campaign accusing the Iranians of having unwavering nuclear ambitions, regardless of the evidence, or lack thereof.
“Iran doesn’t frighten me and I don’t think it should frighten the American people. They don’t have a bomb. They haven’t made a decision to build one. They don’t have the means to deliver one. And the Israelis have 300 atomic bombs! I mean who presents the existential threat to whom?” – Pat Buchanan (7:58 onwards)