- Reporters Claim To Have Proof China Lying About Virus Death Toll As Total Cases Near 8,000; Another 12,000 Suspected
by Tyler Durden, https://www.zerohedge.com/
- Death toll climbs to 170 from 132, with 7,771 cases confirmed in China and 7,811 total, while the number of suspected cases has soared by 2,928 to 12,167 from 9,239 yesterday
- Reporter claims local media has evidence Beijing lying about death toll
- British Airways cancels flights to China
- Trump says he spoke with Xi over the phone
- Angry mobs spotted in Sichuan
- CDC sending representatives to China
- 3 Japanese aboard evac flight test positive for coronavirus
China’s NHC just released another up . China now admits to 7,771 cases across the country, Adding nearly 1,800 from 5,974 yesterday. The death toll has climbed to 170, and 170 patients have been cured. Some 31 cases were labeled “severe” and nearly 82,000 are under observation. What is perhaps most shocking is that the number of suspected cases soared by nearly 3,000 overnight from 9,239 to 12,167.
In another major development, state media reports that the first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Tibet. It was the only region in China with zero confirmed cases, though that streak is now over.
In a disturbing development, three of the Japanese citizens rescued from Wuhan aboard Japan’s evac flight Wednesday have tested positive for cornavirus – so now the Japanese government is essentially importing the virus on the evacuation flight. We hope all those on the flight will be quarantined for a while given the virus’s reputation of spreading asymptomatically.
The latest clinical report on 2019-nCoV: 99 patients from Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital. Important: a key group of patients progress rapidly to ARDS, septic shock, and multiple organ failure. 23% ITU admission, 17% ARDS, 11% mortality. https://t.co/Hr0XIfK6M1
— richard horton (@richardhorton1) January 29, 2020