- China Sends 25,000 Medical Personnel To Hubei As ‘War Time Conditions’ Take Effect
by Tyler Durden, https://www.zerohedge.com/
- China has sent 217 medical rescue groups totaling 25,633 personnel to Hubei province to fight the outbreak.
- First case reported in Africa after the Egyptian Health Ministry confirms non-Egyptian patient who recently traveled to China
- Hubei health officials report 2,420 new cases and 139 new deaths for Feb. 14
- NHC officials report an additional 4 deaths and 2,641 cases.
- China warns of incoming case surge
- China says 1,716 medical workers have been infected
- WHO demands to know more about sick doctors, insists group of 12 virus experts will reach Beijing over the weekend
- Singapore reports largest daily jump in cases amid increased human-to-human transmission
- Egypt confirms first case; virus now present in 29 countries/territories
- Hong Kong reports 3 new cases
- New quarantine measures take effect in Wuhan
- President Xi touts new “biosecurity law”
- Hong Kong Disney land offers space for quarantine
- Chinese company says blood plasma of recovered patients useful in combating the virus
- US mulling new travel restrictions
- Japan reports 4 new cases; one patient recently returned from Hawaii.
- CDC Director: Virus is “Coming” to the US.
- 5 presumptive cases reported in British Columbia
- Toll of infected passengers and crew aboard ‘the Diamond Princess’ climbs to 218
* * *
Update (2200ET): China has sent 217 medical rescue groups totaling 25,633 medical rescue personnel to Hubei province, 20,374 of whom are from local areas, according to the Global Times. This exceeds the number sent to support the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake which killed over 80,000 people.