- Here Comes France: Right-Wing Leader Marine Le Pen Demands Central Bank Repatriate French Gold!
by Tyler Durden, www.zerohedge.com
First Germany, then the Netherlands, perhaps Switzerland this weekend, and now the French right-wing Front National, which shockingly came first in May’s European parliament elections, and whose leader Marine Le Pen is currently polling in first place in a hypothetical presidential election (in both a first and run off round), ahead of president Hollande, has sent a letter to the governor of the French Central Bank, the Banque de France, demanding that France join the list of nations which have repatriated, or at least tried to, their gold.
From her letter, here is the full list of French demands (google translated): Her full letter below (link)
* Urgent repatriation on French soil of all of our gold reserves located abroad.
* An immediate discontinuation of any gold sales program.
* Conversely, a gradual reallocation of a significant portion of foreign exchange reserves in the balance sheet of the Bank of France by buying gold at each significant decrease in the price of an ounce (recommendation 20%) .
* A suspension of any financial commitment or loan contract would wager that our gold reserves.
* At the patrimonial and financial balance of the 2004 gold sales transactions ordered by N. Sarkozy.