- ‘Schiff Memo’ Debunked By IG Report; Nunes Vindicated
by Tyler Durden, https://www.zerohedge.com/
In February of 2018, Republicans and Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee released separate reports after spending months looking at the FBI’s conduct during the 2016 US election.
- The FBI used the unverified ‘Steele dossier’ in October 2016 to obtain a surveillance warrant on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.
- The agency concealed the fact that the Steele dossier was funded in part by the Clinton campaign, as well as the fact that the salacious document was in its “infancy” at the time of the FISA application.
- Fusion GPS employee Nellie Ohr funneled her anti-Trump research to her husband Bruce, who was then the #4 at the DOJ (and since demoted for lying about his involvement with Steele – a former MI6 operative working for Fusion GPS dig up dirt on Donald Trump and his campaign).
- The dossier was “only minimally corroborated” according to FBI officials, who could not verify its claims
Democrats, led by then-minority leader (and current chairman) Adam Schiff (D-CA), claimed in response: