- Jim Willie: Decline of the Dollar in Global Trade — The Petro-Gold-Yuan Contract
by Turd Ferguson, https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/
It’s another three-day US market holiday weekend so The Golden Jackass, Jim Willie, stopped by on Friday to discuss the present situation and look forward to what promises to be a volatile and unpredictable summer.
The primary topic that I asked Jim to address was the US dollar. However and as you might imagine, this took us down several different paths and it led to an interesting discussion. Among the topics covered:
* the declining use of the US$ in global trade
* the foundations being laid for a dollar alternative system
* Turkish gold repatriation
* the Italian Banks and the EU banking sector
and quite a bit more
These podcasts always prompt plenty of fresh thought and conversation so I look forward to seeing your feedback in the comments section. Thanks again to Jim for his willingness to share his insights with TFMR on such a regular basis.