- The machinations of US+NATO in Ukraine is about provoking Russia into war! Putin has a choice: fight US+NATO in enemy territory ie. Ukraine now or fight them on Russian soil later! It is not a choice between War or Peace. It is a choice of war now in Ukraine or war later on Russian soil. The only question is timing!
- Ukraine Accuses Russia Of Launching Invasion, Then Promptly Retracts!
by Tyler Durden, www.zerohedge.com, 28 Aug 2014
It has been a busy morning: following a substantial surge in Ukraine separatist activity in the past 24 hours, which saw them capture the strategic Sea of Azov port town of Novoazovsk, a move which the NYT classified as “Ukraine Reports Russian Invasion on a New Front“, Ukraine has turned on the disinformation spigot to max resulting in a constant verbal, and headline, diarrhea as follows:
* POROSHENKO CONVENES SECURITY COUNCIL ON RUSSIAN `INVASION’
* POROSHENKO: SITUATION IN UKRAINE’S EAST DETERIORATED SHARPLY
* UKRAINE EU AMBASSADOR CALLS FOR JOINT EFFORT TO `STOP THIS WAR’
* POROSHENKO SAYS SECURITY COUNCIL WILL DRAW UP FURTHER PLANS
* RUSSIAN ARMY CONTROLS NOVOAZOVSK: UKRAINE SECURITY COUNCIL
* YATSENYUK URGES UN SECURITY COUNCIL TO DEBATE UKRAINE SITUATION
So sure was Ukraine that this time (unlike all those previous disinformation launches) Russia has invaded that Anton Herashchenko, adviser to Ukrainian Interior Ministry, actually commented on his Facebook page saying “Invasion of regular Russian army of Putin to Ukraine is an accomplished fact,” Adding that Putin “de-facto places Ukraine on a war-footing at a time when a decree was signed to dissolve parliament.”
But where things once again got surreal, making everyone not only laugh but wonder how the CIA has lost the plotline so badly, was the following “clarification” headline from Reuters, which noticed some rather substantial change in the language on the website of the Ukraine president:
* CORRECTED-UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT POROSHENKO SAYS RUSSIAN TROOPS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT INTO UKRAINE (NOT ‘RUSSIAN MILITARY INVASION HAS TAKEN PLACE’) – PRESIDENTIAL WEBSITE
Indeed, instead of explicitly saying a “Russian military invasion has taken place”, the website now reads: “I have made a decision to cancel my working visit to the Republic of Turkey due to sharp aggravation of the situation in Donetsk region, particularly in Amvrosiivka and Starobeshevo, as Russian troops were actually brought into Ukraine,” the President noted.“