- Israel’s War on Palestine!
by Stephen Lendman(Jew), http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/
Operation Pillar of Cloud reflects the latest chapter in Israel’s decades-long, slow-motion, genocidal war on Palestine.
So-called memorandum of understanding terms changed nothing. They’re nonbinding, meaningless, and insulting. Israel disregarded all past agreements. It’ll violate this one with impunity and already did. More on that below.
With full US support, it flagrantly ignored dozens of Security Council and General Assembly resolutions. They condemned or censured Israel for its crimes, deplored it for committing them, and/or demanded they end. Israel does what it pleases with impunity. Palestine’s Nakba never ended. It continues now. It’s embedded in Palestinian consciousness. It reflects an ongoing journey of pain, suffering, loss, and injustice.
Daily life replicates Palestine’s tortured past. Occupation harshness threatens Palestinian culture, heritage, and existence. Draconian military orders alone create oppressive conditions. They include:
- No. 92 giving Israel control of all West Bank and Gaza water;
- No. 158 stipulating that Palestinians can’t construct water installations without (nearly impossible to get) permit permission, and those built will be confiscated or demolished;
- No. 1015 requiring Palestinians get permission to plant trees on their own land;
- No. 128 authorizing the IDF to take over any Palestinian business not open during regular business hours;
- No. 107 prohibiting Arabic grammar, Crusades history, and Arab nationalist publications;
- No. 101 banning gatherings of more than 10 people without advance notice with names of participants;
- Nos. 811 and 847 letting Jews buy land from Palestinian owners with or without their consent;
- No. 998 requiring Palestinians get permission to withdraw funds from their bank accounts;
- No. 818 authorizing how Palestinians can plant decorative flowers;
- No. 329 preventing the right of return; and
- Nos. 1649 and 1650 turning all West Bank residents (including native born ones) potentially into “infiltrators;” doing so makes them vulnerable to deportation, fines or imprisonment without IDF-issued permits
Imagine daily life under these conditions and much more. Brutalizing repression terrorizes Palestinians ruthlessly. Israeli provocations instigate conflicts and full-scale wars.
Fingers point the wrong way every time. Palestinians are blamed for Israeli crimes. Peace, stability, and freedom remain elusive. Operation Pillar of Cloud resolved nothing. Israel got away with murder and mass destruction. Conflict didn’t end. It continues. Washington and Israel assure it. They’re partners in crime.