- “The West is Now the Real Empire of Lies”: Key Takeaways From Lavrov’s UN Speech
by RT, via https://www.infowars.com/
* Russian official slams US for “stirring up conflicts that artificially divide humanity into hostile blocs and prevent it from achieving common goals.”
* Says Western nations are sending arms to Kiev and training its troops: “They are de-facto fighting against us with the hands and bodies of Ukrainians.”
The world has a chance to achieve “authentic democratization” in international relations by establishing a multipolar order, marking the first such opportunity since the end of World War II, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told the UN General Assembly (UNGA) on Saturday.
The US and its Western allies seek to prevent such a development by stirring up new conflicts to divide humanity and keep their “hegemony of the global minority” in place, he added.
1. West is the ‘empire of lies’
The US and its allies still reject the principle of equality in international relations, Lavrov said. Americans and Europeans keep looking down on the rest of the world and that leads to their “total intractability” in any negotiations. Washington and its allies “keep making promises left and right” that end up being reneged-on, the Russian minister added.
“As Russian President Vladimir Putin put it, the West is now the real ‘empire of lies’,” he said.
2. ‘Reckless’ Western politicians have forgotten about self-preservation
NATO activities have reached “unprecedented” levels since the end of the Cold War, the top Russian diplomat believes. The US-led bloc’s forces have conducted drills that involved simulating nuclear strikes against Russia, he claimed, adding that Washington is also actively seeking to project its military might in the Asia-Pacific through establishing military-political “alliances” with nations like Australia, South Korea or Japan and pushing them towards closer cooperation with NATO.