- See also:
NATO to hold nuclear deterrence exercise as Russia rages at Ukraine
- Putin is Warned, Sabotaging Western Targets Could Trigger Retaliation from NATO as Defence Bloc Prepares for Nuclear Drills And Doubles Number of Warships in the Baltic Sea After ‘Horrific’ Russian Bombing Raids in Ukraine
by JONATHAN ROSE and SUMMER GOODKIND FOR MAILONLINE, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/
* Russian sabotage on western targets could trigger NATO Article 5 retaliation
* Alliance will proceed with annual nuclear preparedness exercise Steadfast Noon
* NATO air forces practise the use of US nuclear bombs with training flights
* It has doubled its presence in the Baltic and the North Seas to over 30 ships
Russian sabotage on western targets could trigger retaliation from Nato, Moscow have been warned. Amid suspicions that Putin’s army planted explosives on underwater gas pipelines, the alliance’s secretary general warned that Article 5 could be triggered – meaning that all members of the NATO alliance could take action in response.
‘Any deliberate attack against Allies’ critical infrastructure would be met with a united and determined response,’ NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said before Wednesday’s meeting of Nato defence ministers in Brussels.