- Twitter Suspends Hungarian Government’s Account ‘Without Warning’: PM Spokesman Warns ‘The New World Has Finally Arrived.. Tech Giants Are Silencing Those With Different Opinions’
by ROSS IBBETSON FOR MAILONLINE, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/
* Nationalist PM Viktor Orban’s official cabinet Twitter account was shutdown
* After several hours it was restored, Budapest said, with no explanation offered
* It comes after Twitter waded into political rows involving Donald Trump
* Orban’s spokesman said it was part of a Silicon Valley crackdown on opinion
Twitter today suspended the Hungarian government’s Twitter account without warning prompting Viktor Orban’s spokesman to ridicule the ‘beautiful new world of tech giants silencing opinions.’ The account @AboutHungary, which tweets on behalf of the nationalist prime minister’s cabinet office, was inaccessible earlier but has since been restored. It comes after Twitter waded into political rows in the United States earlier this year by flagging President Donald Trump’s tweets for ‘misinformation’.