- Iran Warns of Consequences for Any ‘Foreign Elements’ Proven to be Involved in Mysterious Natanz Nuclear-Facility Incident
Iran has vowed consequences for any foreign power that might have been involved in the recent incident at the Natanz uranium-enrichment site. The blast came amid a series of incidents at other Iranian vital sites.
“It is still too early to talk about and make any judgment regarding the main cause and reason for the blast [in Natanz], and relevant security bodies are investigating all the details of the incident,” Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Abbas Mousavi said on Friday to reporters.
“If they conclude that foreign elements have been involved, they will announce it, and there will be consequences.”
Various media reports have floated the idea that the nuclear site could have been the target of an Israeli or a United States cyberattack. The country’s authorities have previously said they have determined the true cause of the incident but “due to security considerations” will provide further details at a “convenient time.”