- The annexation of the West Bank Settlements (at least Area C) means it is not possible to have a Palestinian state based on West Bank and Gaza. Ie. the Palestinians will reject the deal. Why is it necessary to lease land from Egypt to build airport, factories …. ? Why can’t they build it in Gaza? This clause is obviously BOGUS! There is no intention of letting the Palestinians stay on in Gaza. The real plan is to drive the Palestinians (REAL Jews) into the North Sinai desert via war. Emphasis mine:
- Israeli Media Revealed Details on Alleged “Deal of The Century” — US-Backed War Against Gaza Should They Refuse
On May 7th, highlights from US President Donald Trump’s fabled “Deal of the Century” for a solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, were leaked from Israel’s Foreign Ministry and published by Hebrew-language newspaper Israel Hayom. Officially, no information has been confirmed and the US will reportedly reveal the deal during the Muslim Ramadan, which will last through June 4th.
The main points that Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner has come up for the solution are the following:
- It will be a three-side agreement, signed between Israel, the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) and Hamas. The agreement will establish a “New Palestine” state, in the West Bank and Gaza, excluding the Israeli settlements that are internationally considered illegal;
- The settlement blocs (around 62% of the West Bank) will be annexed by Israel and extended to reach isolated settlements. The Jordan Valley will remain a part of Israel. The 65,000 Palestinians living in those areas are unmentioned;
- Jerusalem would not be divided, but will rather be shared as both countries’ capital. Palestinian citizens in Israel will become citizens of “New Palestine,” and the Jerusalem municipality will have full governance over everything short of education which will be under Palestine government control;
- Israelis will not be allowed to buy Palestinian homes and vice versa and no additional areas will be annexed to Jerusalem. The holy sites will be untouched;
- Egypt will provide land to “New Palestine” for an airport, factories, to establish trade and agriculture. No housing will be allowed on those areas. Until an airport and a sea port are constructed, the Palestinians would be allowed to use the Israeli ones;
- If Hamas or the PLO refuse the deal, the US would allegedly cancel all of its, already limited, financial support to the Palestinians. The US would also reportedly exert pressure on other countries to follow in suit. If Palestinian Authority head Mahmoud Abbas signed the deal, but Hamas refused it, a US-backed military intervention would begin in Gaza until the complete defeat of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
If Israel were to refuse the deal, the US would cease all of its financial support to Tel’Aviv, which amounts to about $3.8 billion per annum. Former Israeli Ambassador to the US Michael Oren, on Twitter, claimed that “Hamas must go.” But any actions by Israel, which is ready to act, with the blessing and support of the US and other Arab Gulf States should happen only after the Israeli holidays and Eurovision end.