- Stunning Anti-Ageing Breakthrough Could See Humans Live to 150 and Regenerate Organs by 2020 ‘for the Price of a Coffee a Day’
by CHARLIE COE FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
* A new technique could see the aging process in humans reduced by 50 years
* Researchers from Sydney found mice given the pill lived ten per cent longer
* The molecule could also regenerate certain organs by reprogramming their cells
* The drug could be available to the public in five years following human testing
An extraordinary new anti-ageing technique could see humans live to 150 years old and allow them to regrow their organs by 2020. Harvard Professor David Sinclair and researchers from the University of New South Wales developed the new process, which involves reprogramming cells.
Dr Sinclair said the technique could allow people to regenerate organs, and even allow paralysis sufferers to move again, with human trials due within two years. The same researchers also found they could increase the lifespan of mice by ten per cent by giving them a vitamin B derivative pill.
They also said the pill led to a reduction in age-related hair loss, according to The Herald Sun. Professor Sinclair said he hoped the pill would be available to the public within five years and cost the same each day as a cup of coffee.
But the professor from the Department of Genetics at Harvard Medical School warned people not to try to reverse the aging process before the science has been published or peer reviewed. ‘We do not recommend people go out and take NAD precursors as they have not yet formally tested for safety,’ he said.