- ‘Fake News’ Vindicated (Again): New WikiLeaks Email Dump Details Erdogan’s Business Ties to ISIS
by Rudy Panko, http://russia-insider.com/en
WikiLeaks confirms what Russian government sources have been saying for months: Erdogan has shady business ties to ISIS oil smugglers in Syria. “Fake news” strikes again!
For more than a year now — time flies when you’re writing “fake news”! — Russia Insider and other FSB fronts have been detailing ties between Erdogan and ISIS. Just a few examples from the past year:
* Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey’s President
* Time to Resign? Evidence Mounts of Erdogan’s Involvement in ISIS Oil Smuggling
* Turkey and ISIS – Like Peas in a Pod
* Turkey Admits to Aiding Al Qaeda and ISIS
* Video Shows ISIS Militants Having Friendly Chat With Turkish Border Guards
And now a new WikiLeaks email dump has exposed the business dealings of Berat Albayrak, Erdogan’s son-in-law and Turkey’s Minister of Energy. What kind of “business” are we talking about? You know:
The emails detail Albayrak’s involvement in organisations such as Powertrans, the company implicated in ISIS oil imports. On 11 November 2011, the Erdoğan government passed a bill prohibiting all import, export, or transfer of oil or its by-products into or out of Turkey. But the bill also stated that the government could revoke the ban in specific cases. This exception was used to grant Powertrans the sole rights to oil transportation without holding a public tender. There have been numerous allegations in the Turkish media about Powertrans’ imports of ISIS-controlled oil to Turkey. Albayrak has repeatedly denied his connection to Powertrans, but the emails prove the opposite.