- Three-month old baby dies from Quinvaxem vaccination!
by http://english.vov.vn/, 16 Jan 2014
(VOV) -A three-month old baby boy from the Central Highland city of Da Lat died on January 15 after receiving a Quinvaxem vaccination a day earlier.
After receiving the vaccination, the baby showed symptoms of anaphylactic shock including high fever and respiratory problems. He was immediately sent to the healthcare centre and transferred to the intensive care unit at the Lam Dong provincial hospital, where he later died despite the best efforts of doctors and nurses.
Doctor Dong Sy Quang, Lam Dong hospital’s medicine and pharmaceutical department head, said an investigation into the death is underway but is facing difficulty as the family of the child will not permit functional agencies to conduct an autopsy in order to identify the exact cause of death.
This is the third death-related vaccinations in Da Lat since the end of 2012 and the local medical department is temporarily stopping the use of Quinvaxem vaccine.
Quinvaxem – a 5-in-1 vaccine for children produced by the Republic of Korea – is a preventative inoculation against diphtheria, tetanus, B. pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, and H. influenza type B.