- More sleet and snowfall on the way as Arctic conditions expected to freeze Britain until next weekend!
by Daily Mail Reporter, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ ,22 Feb 2013
– Overnight ice patches may disrupt Sunday travel
– This winter colder than almost every winter since 1995
– Snow hits the north of England with further flurries expected
– Cold winds from the east attributed to plunge in temperature
– Temperatures hovering at or just above freezing across much of country
– Hammerfest, in Arctic Norway, recorded temperature of 1C today
– More snow expected in north, East Anglia and Kent tomorrow
Winds from Russia are forecast to freeze Britain until next weekend, capping a winter colder than almost every winter since 1995. As snow and sleet hit parts of the country on Saturday, the Met office warned that formation of icy patches overnight may disrupt travel on Sunday.
Freezing winds saw temperatures hover at or just above freezing, putting most of the country on a par with Hammerfest, in Arctic Norway, which recorded a temperature of 1C today.