- The number of deaths as cited by ZeroHedge (528) need to be confirmed as Chinese sources cite only 242 deaths in Hubei. Update latest: ZeroHedge confirms error, it should be 242 and not 528.
- China Reports Huge Jump In New Coronavirus Infections, Deaths; Stocks Tumble
by Tyler Durden, https://www.zerohedge.com/
- China’s Hubei province admits a massive spike in virus cases and deaths (14,840 additional cases and 242 additional deaths)
- The Sun reports first case confirmed in London, bringing UK total to 9
- UK hospital confirms worker found to be infected treated ‘small number’ of patients
- Russia releases two Chinese nationals who recovered from virus
- China Grand Prix likely to be cancelled
- Couple onboard ‘Diamond Princess’ tell CNBC situation is “frankly terrifying”.
- AFP publishes report exposing worsening shortages of food and supplies in Wuhan
- Cruise ship rejected by four countries allowed to dock in Cambodia
- Rumors of 10k in Wuhan not included in official count of cases
- NYT follows WSJ in exploring problems with Chinese testing kits
- Global Times says US should restart travel to China
- US officials complain about China still denying American help
- First ship-to-shore infection occurs in Japan from ‘Diamond Princess’
- State Department lets non-essential personnel and their families leave Hong Kong because of outbreak
* * *
Update (1855ET): Hubei just released its latest round of coronavirus outbreak figures, and in a stunning confirmation of the ‘conspiracy theory’ that China had altered the way it was reporting Covid-19 deaths and cases (in order to suggest that things were improving and you should buy stocks), Hubei province just came clean and the numbers are stunning.