- ‘The US is Spying on Everyone!’ China Accuses Washington of Conducting Worldwide Cyber Espionage to Remain as a Superpower
by TRACY YOU FOR MAILONLINE, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/
* Beijing’s mouthpiece People’s Daily said the U.S. had been monitoring the world
* Commentary claimed that Washington was afraid of losing its dominant status
* Washington had accused Chinese tech company Huawei of spying for Beijing
* Trump has blocked Huawei from its networks and issued trade sanctions on it
* People’s Daily said Washington was measuring others’ corn by their own bushel
Chinese state media today accused the United States of carrying out cyber espionage around the world in a bid to remain as a global superpower as the political tensions between the two countries continue to rise.
‘[Washington] has used its advantage in the telecommunication fields to monitor global communications all along,’ claimed People’s Daily, the mouthpiece of China‘s ruling Communist Party. The paper said it was no surprise that the U.S. had been conducting secret surveillance because ‘it worries other countries would ruin the situation in which it dominates [the world] alone’.