- Alasdair Macleod: Bullion Banks Still Stuck With Massive Short Gold Position on LBMA, Gold Price Rise Could Stimulate A Crisis in Physical Market in London!
Alasdair Macleod & Bill Murphy joined The Doc this week for a special episode of the SD Weekly Metals & Markets. Bill & Alasdair gave an extraordinary interview, and discussed:
– The cartel’s shift to attacking the metals pre-emptively prior to the release of the FOMC/NFP reports to prevent break-outs to the upside.
– The implications of the spiking 10 year Treasury bond with over $400 Trillion in interest rate swaps held by the major banks- would the banks be able to handle a rise in Treasury rates?
– 1,300 tons of custodial gold held by the BOE (likely owned by France, Italy, & Spain) likely leased out onto the market over the first half of 2013 were required to prevent a systemic financial collapse in the wake of the Cyprus bail-in due to collapse of confidence in the banking system throughout Europe.
– Using Austrian Measure for Money Supply, Gold Only Up 40% Since 2000!
– While the bullion banks have largely covered their gold & silver short COMEX positions, the bullion banks are still stuck with a massive short gold position on the LBMA, and a sudden rise in the price of gold could stimulate a crisis in the physical market in London!
The most explosive and powerful SD Weekly Metals & Markets we’ve ever recorded