- US Drones bombing Africa operated from RAF bases in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside!
by Robert Verkaik, Mail On Sunday Security Editor
– Drone operations centre could be used for attacks in Middle East and Africa
– US Airforce assassination programme investigated by United Nations
– Company maintaining drone equipment has established base in Lincolnshire
– US staff requested to work at RAF Waddington on drone called the Predator
An RAF base in Britain is being used by America in its controversial drone warfare campaign, it was claimed last night. Documents seen by The Mail on Sunday reveal that the United States has established a drone ‘operations centre’ in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside which could be used to co-ordinate attacks in the Middle East and Africa.
Last night, the revelation sparked claims of British complicity in the US Airforce (USAF) assassination programme which is being investigated by the United Nations.
One document requests US security-cleared staff to work at RAF Waddington on a USAF drone called the Predator. The weapon has killed hundreds of people in Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen.
A second document describes a role for a communications technician at the same base ‘supporting 24/7 operations of critical real-time USAF/ANG [Air National Guard] mission operations’.